6/16/2005

like a rock in my shoe....

i need to lead by example and so I'm on a diet. moreso, i am learning portion control. to kick start my diet regime, i am consuming frozen meals, using them as a crutch to keep a more structured daily caloric intake, and they take the guessing out of "what" and "how much" to eat while at work. my brand of choice is "lean cuisine". not only do they taste better than the rest that i have tried, but they get me feeling good from the get-go just by the brand name.... cause i wanna be lean, and eating cuisine that's lean should make me so. savvy?

but today i noticed on a meal box that the brand name was coupled with the tagline "Classic Comfort", and it made me laugh and then wonder whether foods that are trying to limit you to a healthier portion should be labeled with the word "Comfort"? first off, once you start this kind of calorie deprivation regime, there is nothing comfortable or comforting about it. and teasing me with "classic comfort" food (i.e., no-no kinda cuisine) such as salsbury steak and mac & cheese, only in small quantities, just makes me feel bad and thereafter in need of actual comfort food to make me happy. dig?

it goes without saying that eating comfort food is what got me in this mess in the first place -- that i got too comfortable eating unhealthy portions of "comfort food", and now there is nothing comforting about how my clothes feel on my less-than-lean body at the moment.

eh... maybe it's not the food... maybe I'm just a cranky bitch.

1 Comments:

Blogger dvl said...

smiv, i'm trying to set a good example for the little so that she doesn't fall into my same pitfalls. and you're right about recreational activity being a catalyst, cocktails etc.

6/16/2005 7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home