4/28/2005

samaria shmamaria!

bossman out of town for the rest of the week so i decided to bring little to work after school today. i picked her up from school and we headed home for her to change clothes and pick up the laptop and get something to eat. no worries, all was good. little dragged her feet a bit, but i was ok with it. at around 2:30p we were heading out and in the lobby near the garage door was the little dog of one of my neighbors, unattended. so of course i scooped up the dog, dropped my stuff in the car and proceeded to look for my neighbor. walked around the building, couldn't find the owner. went to her door and knocked, no answer. went to my place to get a leash. called the owners phone number listed on the tag, no answer, so i left a message. i needed to actually get back to my office, so i decided to keep her dog at my place in eml's bathroom & hallway, and keep my fingers crossed that my 85 lb. beast luna would be ok with it and not somehow find a way to open two doors to eat the neighbor dog like a snack. i wrote a note to leave on the owner's door, headed to tape it to her door and then go back to work. with that plan in order, of course as soon as i taped my note to the owner's door she opened it. she didnt even know the dog was out. so i headed back to my place to get the dog and of course the owner (an older russian lady -- really really nice) just wanted to thank us profusely, gush about how much she loves the dog and how it's her whole life, and thank us profusely again. finally we escaped the owner's grip, got out of there and headed for work. here i am, an hour and a half late getting back to the office, and all i wanna do is nap. as payment for my good deed, i think i deserve to nap for the rest of the afternoon... don't you think?

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

you deserve a nap for the rest of the week

4/28/2005 6:51 PM  
Blogger Boz said...

Or at least a little extra kibble.

4/29/2005 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home