9/06/2004

had my CAKE and ate it too....

i suck at being vulnerable, and that feeling of vulnerability is what keeps me emotionally at arm's-length from most of the world (even my closest friends), but at least i can admit that i despise feeling emotionally helpless -- when an outside force so emotionally cripples me that i forget how strong i can be... luckily just when i thought all i wanted to do for the rest of the weekend was lay in bed depressed, i got a much needed reality check that helped me get my shit together.
i'm forgiving but i know that i often too quickly impose the "cross me once, shame on you; cross me twice, shame on me" rule and sometimes i take that rule to the extreme and forget to give the second chance.
i'm still a work in progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home