8/17/2004

the best remedy for anger is delay...

so, I'm having drinks at a birthday party last weekend and hanging out with my girlfriend D... here's an excerpt from a conversation that i wish never occurred:

dvl: so what's new... are you getting ready for burningman?
d: yeah, i'm working like crazy. i'm really happy that S is going too.
dvl: yeah, you guys are going to have fun.
d: yeah, he was chatting with me today about it.
dvl: chatting? like on IM chat?
d: yeah, he chats with me almost every day.
dvl: i didn't even know he was on IM... what's his screen name?
d: *tilts her head to side and grins* he told me not to tell you.
dvl: what? seriously?
d: yeah.

girls do stuff like this to other girls to better their own pole position with a guy...
this type of catty female one-upmanship is the reason i have so few girlfriends.

thanks, D, for being the girlfriend who needs to repeat hurtful things just to make yourself feel more important. (truth be told, i am thankful that you're dumb enough to show me your cards rather than playing them close to your vest)

2 Comments:

Blogger Boz said...

I wish girls would do stuff like that to better their pole position with me, and then tell me about it, so I could go "Me??? nah, get outta here."

8/18/2004 5:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shoot that is the reason I never had many girl friends in highschool, and still the reason today. Just stick to the guys, they have more fun anyway!

8/19/2004 1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home