7/06/2004

love plus one...

when i was younger i only had maybe a handful of friends that were my age, and the rest of the people i hung out with were older (ranging between 5-10 years older). mostly this was the result of having an awesome fake id at such an early age which allowed me to spend my teens in clubs and bars. it's not even that the people i knew or met at these clubs and bars were fooled by my id, or that i even tried to hide how young i was... but it got me in the mix of things, and that's where i wanted to be, and in order to stay there it was prudent to make as many friends as possible to maintain the credibility and not get kicked out of any particular establishment. of course, it's always the desire of the young to be old, and the desire of the old to lie like hell about their true age... but as i said, i never had trouble being my own age, and i still don't. the other day, however, i came to the realization that with the exception of the same small handful of friends i have had for decades now, i am now the oldest friend in any particular group that i hang out with... ranging from being older by merely a few weeks or months to almost 15 years, i am the oldest one. i just hope none of my younger counterparts ever mistakes me for being any wiser than the wise-ass i have always been.

1 Comments:

Blogger Boz said...

I really never looked at you as being so much older than me.

7/06/2004 10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home